- First, prepare the tart shell: place all the ingredients in a salad bowl then mix them until the dough comes off the edges. Knead a few seconds to obtain a homogeneous dough. Do not hesitate to add more flour if necessary.
- Spread the dough in the shape of a circle between two sheets of baking paper then set aside in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the apples into small cubes. Heat a large skillet over medium heat then brown the apples for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring regularly. When the apples are almost cooked, add the agave syrup and cinnamon. Stop cooking once the syrup has evaporated. Reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °. Take the pie crust out of the refrigerator then remove the sheets of baking paper. Place the dough in the Appolia pie dish. Prick the bottom with a fork and bake in the hot oven for 10 minutes.
- Make strips of dough with the scraps from the pie shell. If you have a roller to make « braiding », you can make a new dough by dividing the quantities of the pie shell by 2.
- Remove the precooked tart shell from the oven. Mix the apples with the compote then place everything in the pie shell. Add strips of dough and brush a beaten egg yolk over the dough.
- Bake again for 10 to 15 minutes. At the end of cooking, let cool completely (minimum 2 hours) before tasting.
Storage: can be stored in the refrigerator for 5-6 days maximum.
Tip: Placing a dough in the fridge for a few minutes allows it to work more easily (to make strips, patterns, etc.)